What Breeds are we?

Marthab1953

Crowing
12 Years
These 2 chicks hatched March 16 2011 and I cannot identify what breed they are. They could be crossed. I bought them off e-Bay and they were the only 2 that hatched out of a could be mixed or could be purebred bantam assortment. Thanks!

Here is the ad for the eggs: "WE HAVE MANY MANY VARIETIES... LOTS OF OLD ENGLISH, SEBRITES, COCHINS,SILKIES, FRIZZLES, AMERICANAS, BLACK SPANISH, ROSECOMBS, BLUE LAYCED WYNDOTTES... JUST LOTSA BARNYARD CUTIES...SOME WILL BE PUREBRED SOME WILL BE A MIXTURE... WE HAVE MANY "OLD TIME" ENGLISH BANTAMS FROM GENERATIONS OF BREEDING ON OUR FARM"

45669_img_0341.jpg

45669_img_0349.jpg

45669_img_0327.jpg

Could you possibly post some good standing side shots so we can see the birds' carriage/stance? It would also help if you were on the same level as the bird so they are standing naturally.

I'd say the little hen is a blue OE, she has white earlobes but they are small. Sometimes OE have small white earlobes because firstly, the genes are there being a white egg layer. Sometimes the hens earlobes will be red but turn white during laying season. Secondly, the OE sometimes throw white earlobes because of the rosecomb/other blood added by the American breeders I believe, but this is not desired and is a defect by the standard. If it had large white earlobes, I would say she is Dutch, or if rosecombed she is a blue Rosecomb.

The little white rooster almost looks like he has some longfeathers blood to me, like he could be a white phoenix cross. But I am not sure on that, I'll admit I don't know very much about longtails. Perhaps someone else will come along and tell you his cross.

-Daniel

Thank you all for the responses. I was thinking OE Game on the Pullet but wasn't sure. The little Rooster I did notice the longer feathers coming out but was not sure of what he was, at first I was thinking maybe Bantam White Leghorn cross but his earlobes are red. He also has some black feathers showing through.

I think they both are adorable.

Back
Top Bottom