What breeds are your most chicken chickens??

cameldairy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 20, 2009
Cairo, GA
Does that make sense? I have three different breeds, EE, RIR and Golden sex Links and it's so funny to watch them interact with new treats, the EE seem to be the biggest chickens where as my Sex links seem to be the bravest at trying new things and my RIR fall in the middle. I'm always telling them "stop being such a chicken"!
D.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:
My EEs are my most chicken too. But I just got a new EE and we named her Mae West because she's big and blonde and she puffs up her chest and rules the roost. But my RIRs can be pretty chicken too.

I have a black sex link that "insists" on treats. If I don't give her any, she will grab ahold of my jeans and tug on them! My BR are the next most insistent and will also make vocal pleas for treats. The EE are younger, and mostly watch the others, then pick up any left overs when the others leave the area. Love to watch the girls and how they all interact.

Probably my EE Frisbee but also which ever particular one ends up separated from the others by not noticing when they've moved to a new part of the yard. When the "left" one realizes she's alone.....she'll go squawking and flying across the yard like she's in dire danger!

As for the most apt to try new things....Maisie my BO chased my cat across the yard and Amber RIR and Wynnie SLW will try new treats in strange bowls before the others will venture near.

Last edited:
i have
2 white leghorns
3 california whites
2 barred rocks
1 marans
1 white silkie ameraucana cross
1 ameraucana
1 black australorp
1 production red
2 buff orpingtons
2 white silkies bantams
1 buff cochin bantam
1 light brahma
1 blue frizzle cochin
2 blue cochins
1 silver laced wyandotte
1 gold laced cochin
1 black cochin silkie cross
edited to say im not that big of a reader lol my most skittish chickens would have to be my buff cochin and my blue cochins they are so scared i mean they are just scared of everything the rain um acorns especially when they fall from the trees just dont like to be held or take treats out of my hands i hope as they get older they will be less afraid but as of right now they are chicken when it comes to everything and my leghorns and cw are chicken too dont like to venture to far away from me the silkies are pretty afaid of things but are okay with acorns and me holding them and feeding them with my hand they dont like rain and dont like the other chickens much from what i can see

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom