What breeds do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by miezimau, Jul 30, 2013.

1. miezimau

miezimau In the Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    Adkins, TX
    I got eggs to hatch from a friend, not sure what they might be. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am thinking they are mixed, barred rocks but what is in that little one with the black beak and the heavy feathered legs?[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Well, heavily feathered legs usually means cochin in there somewhere, second choice would be silkie X, to me they look more cochin than silkie. Wonder if your friend has a black cochin. The Barred Rock would be the most common barred bird to get the cuckoo from.

3. miezimau

miezimau In the Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    Adkins, TX
    My friend that I got the eggs from has all kind of different breeds and barnyard mixes. They all intermingle. I know she has Silkies, Naked necks, Cochin, Barred rocks, Easter eggers, Ameraucana, Sultans oh way too many to list LOL

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Well it sounds like you may have the Heinz 57 version of chickens there :) But with the black and the feathered feet would bet you have either cochin or silkie mixes and the barred one is probably part barred rock also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: