1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breeds do you see?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HEChicken, Mar 27, 2011.

1. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I know its a pain to have to click on a link to get to the meat of the question but I hope some knowledgeable people will humor me :)

I bought some of these eggs to incubate awhile back. The chicks are now 8 weeks old. At the time I bought them, the only picture they were running was of the eggs so I never knew the parentage of the chicks. When I went to pick up the eggs, I asked the lady, but she didn't know the breeds because she is actually just selling for a relative who lives in a more rural area, and never sees the actual egg producers. I was excited today to see they have run a new ad and now there is a picture of the parents posted as well. I recognize some of the hens - BR, BO etc. And based on the color of the green eggs, there are some EE's among them too. (However I didn't get any green eggs - they were all light brown and one had a lot of speckles.) I'm curious to know who the parents of my little chicks are. One has a rose comb, the others are all single combed. If you could, please tell me what breed is the rooster and what breeds of hens do you see?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/grd/2289853857.html

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

The rooster in the middle looks like a Rhode Island Red.

3. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    OH wow I think they took that picture in one of my runs! Just kiddin. I saw some RIR,BO,BSL, a possible EE in the photo. Lovely flock. Also I saw another roo in the back but could not get a make on him. That RIR roo was handsome. Good egg layers shown there.

4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Looked again, there was a hen on the right I missed. I think a barred rock?

5. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    thats exactly whats there, RIR roo, sex link roo, BSL BO, and a barred rock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by