What breeds of turkeys do you guys have????

What breeds do you guys have????

• Black Turkey

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Chocolate Turkey

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Bourbon Red Turkey

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Narragansett Turkey

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Blue Slate Turkey

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • White Turkey

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Bronze Turkey

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Royal Palm Turkey

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Hello. I am interested in raising some Bourbon red Turkeys for the local county fair next summer. Have never raised turkeys before. Does anybody know when I should get my poults so they are ready for fair time next July?

My neighbors 3 dogs escaped their pen and killed at least 2 ducks and 1 of my turkeys. I am so heart broken. I don't know where my guineas are or where my other turkey is. They also got one of my ayam cemani roosters, but he is still alive, he is hurt though. They also might have got one of my ayam hens. I can't find her. I now have to wait for the sun to come up and my babies to come home.

So sorry to hear about that :(. I'd be having a chat with the neighbor! Dogs that kill birds will do so again.

Hello. I am interested in raising some Bourbon red Turkeys for the local county fair next summer. Have never raised turkeys before. Does anybody know when I should get my poults so they are ready for fair time next July?
The earlier the better. This year my hens started laying in January. Started pulling babies out of the incubator 2nd week of Feb.

Wow, looks just like my year and a half old broad breasted bronze hen, Yorpy. We had to put her on a diet to control her weight. She's super sweet and very productive, laying fertile eggs almost daily when in full swing. She went super broody and broke quite a few eggs since she's fat.
We only feed her and her part wild friend a scoop of game feed a week. They're out free ranging on 35+ acres of land and seem to be coping well. She's still defiantly on the heavy side. She also tried to brood once. Poor thing sat on nothing but un-fertilized eggs for about a month or so. We'll let her try and hatch out some chicks next year but only if she loses weight i told her ;)

We only feed her and her part wild friend a scoop of game feed a week. They're out free ranging on 35+ acres of land and seem to be coping well. She's still defiantly on the heavy side. She also tried to brood once. Poor thing sat on nothing but un-fertilized eggs for about a month or so. We'll let her try and hatch out some chicks next year but only if she loses weight i told her ;)
Yeah she breaks a lot of eggs. Thought about trying to let her hatch some but they're too valuable. Her cross babies are going to be great meat birds.

IMG_1624.JPG
Hello all!! This is a shot of the turkey my folks are raising. He's pretty friendly and follows my daughter around the yard where ever she goes. His name is Tomas’. He was raised alongside 2 Peking ducks and 2 Khaki Campbells. He also follows them everywhere, even into the pond up to his breast. I'm looking forward into doing some research and getting me a few bourbon reds come spring of next year.

Back
Top Bottom