What breeds to get and where from???šŸ„ššŸ£

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
Hi everyone. Iā€™m wanting to hatch some eggs next year once my chicks mature. Both my own eggs and purchased ones. Iā€™ve been looking around to find eggs and Iā€™m kinda stuck. I would love to get copper Marans that have a 7-9 egg, but donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to find some. Iā€™m also looking for bantam eggs and possibly some BLRW eggs. I will also be getting a few b/b/s partridge Brahma eggs from a relative. I would love any breed requests yā€™all have (and some info about that breed) and any reputable sources to buy from. I really appreciate any help and info offered. Thank you in advance!
- ChickenWhisperer101 šŸ£šŸ’•

Hi everyone. Iā€™m wanting to hatch some eggs next year once my chicks mature. Both my own eggs and purchased ones. Iā€™ve been looking around to find eggs and Iā€™m kinda stuck. I would love to get copper Marans that have a 7-9 egg, but donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to find some. Iā€™m also looking for bantam eggs and possibly some BLRW eggs. I will also be getting a few b/b/s partridge Brahma eggs from a relative. I would love any breed requests yā€™all have (and some info about that breed) and any reputable sources to buy from. I really appreciate any help and info offered. Thank you in advance!
- ChickenWhisperer101 šŸ£šŸ’•
Sounds like fun!!!!

I love all those breeds! What are you wanting from your flock? Eggs? Breeding? Pets? Makes a difference in what birds you consider.

For hatching eggs, you might try breeders. They can ship. Also, the buy/sell threads on BYC often have folks you can connect with for hatching eggs.

Sounds like fun!!!!

I love all those breeds! What are you wanting from your flock? Eggs? Breeding? Pets? Makes a difference in what birds you consider.

For hatching eggs, you might try breeders. They can ship. Also, the buy/sell threads on BYC often have folks you can connect with for hatching eggs.
I was thinking for eggs and breeding. My only dilemma is all of my current chicks are hatchery chicks, so Iā€™m thinking if I get a good breeding quality rooster from hatching I can eventually sell that breed for people who are serious about quality and the hatchery birds to people who just want pets. I donā€™t really care about the egg color, just good personality, but Iā€™ve always loved the Maran eggs. Iā€™m thinking about finding cheaper Maran eggs and if they are dark like i want then Iā€™ll get darker ones. As for other breeds Iā€™m not really sure.

I took an adorable video of my broody Serama, Marionette, yesterday. Watching her scratch with her short legs melts me every time. Plus I believe that Seramas don't breed true, so every egg will be a surprise! They're a bit delicate to hatch, but knowing that going into it is helpful in my opinion. Isn't she cute? She's a bit large for a Serama, but she's so enjoyable. They have wonderful personalities

Last edited:
Are you wanting pet Bantams or some that produce more eggs than others? What breeds do you have? Climate?
I want bantams that are docile and are pretty good egg layers. I have in my bantam flock some silkies, dā€™ Uccles, Cochin bantam, oegb, Japanese bantam, welsummer, polish, and Iā€™m probably missing a breed in here, but not sure. In my big flock I have EEs, Sussex, Bielefelders, cuckoo Marans, New Hampshireā€™s, WTB, Columbian Wyandotte, welsummers, a BLRW cockerel and a couple others. Itā€™s almost always warm and humid here (probably 86-100 degrees on an average day.

I took an adorable video of my Serama hen yesterday. Watching her scratch with her short legs melts me every time. Plus I believe that Seramas don't breed true, so every egg will be a surprise! They're a bit delicate to hatch, but knowing that going into it is helpful in my opinion. Isn't she cute? She's a bit large for a Serama, but she's so enjoyable. They have wonderful personalities
I LOVE Seramas!! I meant to mention that I would love them if I can find them. :)

I LOVE my Dutch Bantams. They are the absolute most friendly birds I have. They're very affectionate, even after being raised by a broody. The broody was a Silkie and at a year old, they're still very attached to their mama. They're decent layers but wonderful eye candy. Their blue earlobes and legs really are stunning. It looks like they're wearing earrings. They're quite small so I tend to really baby them but they don't mind at all. Out of all of my birds, my two Dutch Bantam hens still jump up on my head or shoulder and crawl down to my chest before bed every night. They're the sweetest girls and so enjoyable.

I took an adorable video of my broody Serama hen, Marionette, yesterday. Watching her scratch with her short legs melts me every time. Plus I believe that Seramas don't breed true, so every egg will be a surprise! They're a bit delicate to hatch, but knowing that going into it is helpful in my opinion. Isn't she cute? She's a bit large for a Serama, but she's so enjoyable. They have wonderful personalities
She doesnt know how cute she is! She is so funny digging around šŸ¤£

Super cute! ā¤ļø

Back
Top Bottom