What breeds?

tuesdaylove

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 3, 2012
Georgia
Hi again! Y'all were so helpful in telling me the breed of one of my other chickens, Alaska. So can you guys help me out again?

All of my bantams are booted, except for my black hen, Raven. I also have a large meat bird who I guess is a Cornish, but now that she's bigger, I think it would be easier to tell.

Here's Dixon:

Georgia:
(His tail doesn't point up at all; it seems to curl down and it almost looks like he doesn't have a tail.)

Georgia:
I don't have any pictures of her, but she looks exactly like Georgia.

Raven:
(I don't have a full-body shot, but she doesn't have feathered feet, and she's also my only one that doesn't seem to have a comb.)

Darcy:
(My only standard-sized bird.)

All of my chickens are almost three months old.
All photos are NOT by me, but were taken by my friend Lisa.

Without full body shots its hard to tell what Raven is. Georgia looks to be a Red Cochin Bantam, Dixon looks to be a Self Blue Booted Bantam and the standard hen looks like a meat bird. A cornish cross maybe.

~Casey

I noticed in your signature line that you have a yellow booted bantam hen, and a brown one? I think maybe your mistaking Cochins for Booted Bantams? Probably a Buff and Red or Partridge Cochin.

~Casey

I noticed in your signature line that you have a yellow booted bantam hen, and a brown one? I think maybe your mistaking Cochins for Booted Bantams? Probably a Buff and Red or Partridge Cochin.

~Casey
I haven't updated my signature in a while, and when I wrote it, I was just guessing at their breeds. I'll update that later today.

Back
Top Bottom