What bulb to buy for ducklings

rocky871

Chirping
Jun 2, 2020
South Florida
Hi all!

My ducklings are set to hatch the end of next week. I need to buy a heat lamp. I will have 9 ducklings (God willing). Can anyone recommend something from amazon, with a direct link, if possible? And a clamp light if possible! TIA!

Also, I am located in South Florida. Will I need to use the heat lamp ALL the time while they are ducklings? I am assuming so, as they will be in the house, with AC?

Hi all!

My ducklings are set to hatch the end of next week. I need to buy a heat lamp. I will have 9 ducklings (God willing). Can anyone recommend something from amazon, with a direct link, if possible? TIA!
what is the ambient temp of the area you are brooding in?? for indoor brooding, I like a ceramic reptile bulb (70w??) i run a 125 or 250 red bulb in my shed brooder when ambient temps are below 70*, Ialso have a brinsea eco glow plate, and a cozy coop flat panel heater that I use for certain areas/situations. the important part is that they have a warm area and a cooler area of the brooder.....I would recommend temp reading in both areas and monitoring behaviors.....there is also the MHP route (mama heating pad) there is an excellent article here by @Blooie on setting one up!!

what is the ambient temp of the area you are brooding in?? for indoor brooding, I like a ceramic reptile bulb (70w??) i run a 125 or 250 red bulb in my shed brooder when ambient temps are below 70*, Ialso have a brinsea eco glow plate, and a cozy coop flat panel heater that I use for certain areas/situations. the important part is that they have a warm area and a cooler area of the brooder.....I would recommend temp reading in both areas and monitoring behaviors.....there is also the MHP route (mama heating pad) there is an excellent article here by @Blooie on setting one up!!

Hi! Thank you for your response. During the day, the AC in the part of the house where the ducklings will be is around 74-75. At night, we set it to 71. I can move them to the side of the house that we keep warmer, around 77-78. What temperature would be ideal for the ducklings?

Hi! Thank you for your response. During the day, the AC in the part of the house where the ducklings will be is around 74-75. At night, we set it to 71. I can move them to the side of the house that we keep warmer, around 77-78. What temperature would be ideal for the ducklings?
i would start with an area that is around 95* with a cooler end and lower it either 1-2* per day or 5* per week but again monitor their behavior to see if you should lower it more.

Back
Top Bottom