what can couse this? nasty poop pics

The stems are not poisonous....I experienced this once with a 19 pound dog..she had eaten a stem of a non poisionous plant BUT it got lodged in her intestines and poked a hole and she went septic..Had surgery and she was good as new...

That is why I mentioned that possibility is all.........Yes alfalfa hay is YUMMIE for chickens.
Timothy hay is a bit more stemmie and less leaves...... LOL
Thats too bad you don't have access to alfalfa...
sad.png
I keep forgetting that we're in the alfalfa capitol of the world, lol.

How is she doing today? same as yesterday. walking and eating. she still is freindly and does not act like she is in pain. her glove is not pale or white-ish. (read somewhere that comb and waddles can get pale when their sick, so thats whay i menchend)
Are her poops still black? yep - but I'll check at lunch time feeding to make sure.
Are all the poops black? only for the pest two weeks
What is the consistency of her poops? mostly like the first pic, watery but sometime has some solid peaces like the second pic- thoses pictures were taking on the same day. she had a BM thats was the second picture and not even a minuet later she have another BM - being the top picture.
questions.question and more questions......
Has she layed a egg? she layed an egg two days ago for sure, i seen here on the nest laying it, but i found a n egg today and i am not sure which one layed it. but -Lorp has been my consisdant layer, my GLW not so much.

well i am heading home for lunch, so I'll check on them and give a up date afterwards.

lunch time check: normally i wont not worry about stuff like this and we'll wait and see if it fixes it self but these tar like poops be going on for about two weeks so i posted it. this is a BM that she just had. does it look okay or is it still too dark? to me it still looks like tar. am i worrying about nothing? i hope it is something she eat that just up setted her tummy, and wasn't something that hurt her in'ners, but that is something i'll have to watch out for with the timothy hay. we cant have alfalfa her because we have rabbits. that eat it until get die... so we dont have it there.

i found two eggs just now too so that means both of my adults layed, -Lorp being one of them.

Try locking her up and feeding her just crumbles. If her poop changes color, I'd say it's feed related. On just crumbles, 95% of her poop should look like this:

Let me rephrase... on just crumbles, 95% of her poop should look like that. It should be well formed with a white cap and the color should look like her crumbles.

If it continues to be black, I agree with dawg53 and would be suspicious of internal bleeding and/or infection.

I've not seen a dropping that black. could she have eaten some berries possibly? I looked in four health books I have on chickens and the books are pretty through and I couldn't find black droppings. I found bloody droppings but not black. I think its possible she has eaten something that stained her droppings. I have seen this with berries. especially black berries and strawberries. is she acting ill? I'd keep an eye on her. unless I missed something I couldn't find black droppings. you don't think its dried blood do you? it doesn't look that way to me... I'm thinking its just something she has eaten passing through. if it continues then I might be concerned but right now see if it goes away and was just something eaten. best wishes to you. keep your eye out for any other symptoms. I wish you the best.
My peafowl have poop that looks like that, but never seen it in a chicken. Any you're right, it could be feed related... I've seen color changes from them eating a small amount of cat food, red peppers, grass/weeds and red pigeon pellets.

cat food... Hubby chased both girls out of his shed (he lefted his door open) for eating his spinage seeds that he had planted and he said something about the cat losing his food to the birds. i was mad at hubby for chasing my birds so i did not cetch all of his statement... I'll have to ask him if they eat Sukoshi's food or not.

Back
Top Bottom