What can happen if you leave child alone with aggressive breed of dog

28165_petey_2.jpg

Petey from the Little Rascals was one of the first registered American Staffordshire Terriers with the American Kennel Club.

28165_petey.jpg

Last edited:
one of my friends did that to her little beagle, gave it war markings and called her 'Indian Dog' we were all dying, and this girl's in her late teens!

Quote:
This is actually becoming less true as the years pass. The AKC stud book was closed back in the 1930s for the AmStaffs. Back then they were all in fact pit bulls. 70 years of selective breeding for companionship and the conformation ring have made AmStaffs diverge from pit bulls, though there are still a few dual registered dogs.

They are all good dogs, though.

Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, English Bulldogs, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bulldog

All the dogs are very related and with the exception of the English Bulldog most folks cannot, in fact, tell these breeds apart. Even though somebody who knows the breeds can easily do so. (Boston Terriers are close cousins!)

Last edited:
Quote:
Woah. Woah. Hold up a daggum minute. How come in the film shot with the little boy, he's got the circle around his left eye, but looking back at the camera, his circle is on the RIGHT eye?

Quote:
Woah. Woah. Hold up a daggum minute. How come in the film shot with the little boy, he's got the circle around his left eye, but looking back at the camera, his circle is on the RIGHT eye?

I would imagine that the circle was drawn on the dog. That time period didn't aim for accuracy in its media. LOL

Actually there were two peteys.... Father/Son and the circles were drawn by accident... read below from website: http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/pete.php

The
first Pete was poisoned by an unknown assailant. His last film was A Tough Winter. One of his offsprint carried on beginning with the next film, Pups Is Pups. Currently lives in Dog Heaven.

Pete's real name was "Pal," and he was owned and trained by Harry Lucenary. The distinctive circle around his eye was originally unplanned. When the spunky pit bull made his "Our Gang" debut, a circle had been painted around his eye and would not come off.

It made sense to keep it there - it made him stand out. That circle often migrates between the right and left eye from film to film. This was obviously a dog with a lot of tricks! However, if the truth be known, there were other Petey's that were used as standins for some stunts and other duties, like close-ups.

And we all thought our lovable Petey was loyal only to the Little Rascals. Not quite! Before he signed on with Hal Roach Studios as America's favorite pooch, he appeared in a series of "Buster Brown" comedies which were sort-of low rent Our Gang films.

Daintily attired Buster found himself in innocuous misadventures along side his faithful canine companion, Tige. (Petey to you and me!) Unlike Our Gang, the series was obviously aimed at very young audiences and offered very little for adults. I have no doubt that youngsters were thoroughly entertained by Buster Brown, however.
------
BTW I have one named Petey too and he's a big love bug... He has a dark patch around one of his eyes... soo cute... I wonder if I could get my DD to color our Petey... hummmm maybe not if it won't come off...

Back
Top Bottom