What Can I Cook With Pumpkin Guts and Seeds?

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
We usually throw the guts out. Do you know how I can turn it into pumpkin pie filling? Also how do I cook the pumpkin seeds and give them that salty crunch?

Also the biggest thing! Can I make it taste like pumpkin filling in a can. My aunt loves to fill up a cake tray with it and cover the top with marshmallows then put it into the oven till the top is golden. It is delicious!

Thank you for any help!

We always roast the pumpkin seeds: toss the seeds in a bowl with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Bake at 350degrees for 12-15 minutes, making sure to move the seeds around every 5 minutes-ish.
I don't make pumpkin pie from jack-o-lanterns, most people use the pie pumpkins for making a pie.
I also give the chickens the pumpkins and they love the guts and seeds plus they eat everything except the skin of the pumpkin.

We always roast the pumpkin seeds: toss the seeds in a bowl with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Bake at 350degrees for 12-15 minutes, making sure to move the seeds around every 5 minutes-ish.
I don't make pumpkin pie from jack-o-lanterns, most people use the pie pumpkins for making a pie.
I also give the chickens the pumpkins and they love the guts and seeds plus they eat everything except the skin of the pumpkin.
My gram grows the pumpkins. I will post a picture. Maybe their pie pumpkins? What the difference? 🤔
Please and thank you.
I'm a greenhorn to this stuff.

Pie pumpkins are sweeter and smaller w smoother texture but you can make filling out of any pumpkin or squash, just bake it in quarters then peel it into a mixer or big pot and mash some sugar, pie spices and egg or egg yolk. Mmmmm now I’m probably gonna go grab a squash n make some pie

Pie pumpkins are sweeter and smaller w smoother texture but you can make filling out of any pumpkin or squash, just bake it in quarters then peel it into a mixer or big pot and mash some sugar, pie spices and egg or egg yolk. Mmmmm now I’m probably gonna go grab a squash n make some pie
They are smooth.
20201001_154635.jpg

My chicks will try to tear the run down if they see me coming with pumpkin or squash....and roasted pumpkin seeds! My favorite....

Back
Top Bottom