what can i do for my ducks

688peterl

Songster
10 Years
Oct 2, 2009
as yall probs already know my ducks are stuck in their run all day and they look so bored i feel evil keeping them in there! do you think if i took them to a field in the car then let them out obv they would come back when i called them? i just want them to have fun running around somewhere, they do go swimming in their 6 foot pool but thats the only exercise they get and even that isnt for long because i have to watch them i have lots of cats on my street

hit.gif

Six foot pool? That sounds great!!
I don't know about runnin round a field, mainly cos I don't know much about ducks! My ducks would come back I think, specially if I had peas...
You a good owner I think though, you always thinkin about your ducks and worryin about their happiness, that a good owner!
xxxx

I don't know. I took my ducks to a friend's pond and let them swim and when I was ready to go I called them and they came to me as fast as they could, but that was a safe experiment. I'd be too afraid of letting them go in an open field. If they don't want to be caught it's hard to catch them.

How about a leash? I got told when I was a kid that I couldn't walk my duck in the park because she wasn't on a leash, so I made her a harness and used a retractable lead or a long, lightweight polyester rope as a leash. Ticked off the park rangers, but they couldn't say boo about it because she was legal.
wink.png
And even better, nowadays you can buy your duckie harness already made and with a diaper on it!
wee.gif

Quote:
A diaper harness that works with a leash is available. The walking harness without the diaper pouch isn't quite ready yet.

Back
Top Bottom