what can i do for my ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 688peterl, Dec 15, 2009.

1. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    as yall probs already know my ducks are stuck in their run all day and they look so bored i feel evil keeping them in there! do you think if i took them to a field in the car then let them out obv they would come back when i called them? i just want them to have fun running around somewhere, they do go swimming in their 6 foot pool but thats the only exercise they get and even that isnt for long because i have to watch them i have lots of cats on my street

2. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    i wish i had a big massive back garden!

3. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Six foot pool? That sounds great!!
    I don't know about runnin round a field, mainly cos I don't know much about ducks! My ducks would come back I think, specially if I had peas...
    You a good owner I think though, you always thinkin about your ducks and worryin about their happiness, that a good owner!
    xxxx

5. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I don't know. I took my ducks to a friend's pond and let them swim and when I was ready to go I called them and they came to me as fast as they could, but that was a safe experiment. I'd be too afraid of letting them go in an open field. If they don't want to be caught it's hard to catch them.

6. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    How about a leash? I got told when I was a kid that I couldn't walk my duck in the park because she wasn't on a leash, so I made her a harness and used a retractable lead or a long, lightweight polyester rope as a leash. Ticked off the park rangers, but they couldn't say boo about it because she was legal. [​IMG] And even better, nowadays you can buy your duckie harness already made and with a diaper on it! [​IMG]

7. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:how did you make the harness?

8. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Nettie can make you harnesses I think.

9. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Quote:A diaper harness that works with a leash is available. The walking harness without the diaper pouch isn't quite ready yet.

10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    [​IMG] WOW! [​IMG] I've heard it all now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by