What can I do to help my hen

Hollisb

Chirping
Feb 18, 2022
Hello my hen is 8 months I went out to feed my hens and all my hens ran out to eat except one I call her grandma .. well I could her all limp she was barely breathing I grabbed her took he inside and soaked he in warm water and Epsom salt . I figured she was egg bound.. so I soaked her and I got her out rubbed her backed and an egg came out I was so happy . But I noticed she wasn't walking I knew she was tired I gave her some Pedialyte.. little by little she was coming back but she still wasn't walking .. I keeped giving her Pedialyte and food I will smash the food she would just lay there and feed her by the hand and I kept feeding her she finally started walking little by little she started walking whenever legs was still bothering her but then 3 days later I'm not sure but I think she was trying to have another egg in her whole body was paralyzed again does this happen very often to some chickens or is she every kind chicken I'm not sure but I feel so bad cuz she had another egg 3 days later and now she's just staying there it really really wore her out I don't know what to give her I've given her oyster shells I've given her smashed food giving her calcium I just don't know does anybody have any advice

Give her one of these each day for a week. Pry open the beak and shove it inside and she will swallow. Are you in the US? I buy this at Walmart. Given for a week, it will hopefully regulate your hen's ovulation and maybe stop these egg binding events. (continued below photo)
F57D4B6B-216D-49EC-A92C-3DFAF3C5915E.jpeg
Sometimes a stuck egg will injure a nerve that controls leg function. It happens occasionally, causing paralysis. But it's usually temporary. If the paralysis continues, treat your hen with vitamin B complex. It heals injured nerves.

Give her one of these each day for a week. Pry open the beak and shove it inside and she will swallow. Are you in the US? I buy this at Walmart. Given for a week, it will hopefully regulate your hen's ovulation and maybe stop these egg binding events. (continued below photo)View attachment 3373013Sometimes a stuck egg will injure a nerve that controls leg function. It happens occasionally, causing paralysis. But it's usually temporary. If the paralysis continues, treat your hen with vitamin B complex. It heals injured nerves.
Thank you . Yes I live in the US I just feel so bad for her .. I will try it and thank you very much

You can pull down on her wattles or slide a nail in the side of her beak To get her to open her mouth. Once you get her mouth open put the pill towards the back of her mouth and let her close her mouth and she will swallow it. If she happens to shake her head and throw the pill try again. Chickens don’t have teeth to chew their food so they swallow food whole. She will have no trouble swallowing that pill.

You can pull down on her wattles or slide a nail in the side of her beak To get her to open her mouth. Once you get her mouth open put the pill towards the back of her mouth and let her close her mouth and she will swallow it. If she happens to shake her head and throw the pill try again. Chickens don’t have teeth to chew their food so they swallow food whole. She will have no trouble swallowing that pill.
Okay thank you wish me luck ❤️ 🤞 I hope I can do this I just don't want to hurt her ..

Back
Top Bottom