What can i give my baby chicks for their cold?

americana-chick

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 18, 2008
I think my babies have come down with a cold. They look and act pretty much fine besides the fact that they are sneezing. They are in a larger indoor room with a heat lamp and they can go under and out of the heat lamp throughout the day. Should i get another heat lamp to help prevent colds? Or can i put Antibiotics in my chicks water?
Thanks

If they have some virus, antibiotics will do nothing.

I doubt they have some virus or cold. Where did you get the chicks? I don't even know if chickens sneeze
wink.png
What kind of litter are you using?

Quote:
The medicated feed won't do anything for a respiratory infection....it's to help prevent coccidiosis.

If it's a virus you're wasting your time and money because an antibiotic won't do anything against a viral infection.

I agree with Katy. Also, are you noticing them sneezing more at certain times, like right after you change their bedding?
Chickens don't get colds in the human sense of the word.

They are on medicated chick starter. And i hatched out these chicks myself and they where just fine nutil today they are just sneezing. Are you sure it isnt because they got cold or something? I already have antibiotics and its just going to waist so if there is a chance it will help them i will moist likely use it.
Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom