What can I hatch next? Wait, what did I just say??

ROFLMAO at this thread.

I'm with you. I keep thinking I'm through for the year, but in the immortal words of Michael Corleone, "Every time I get out, they keep pulling me back in."

wink.png

I need help also. Our incubator has only been turned off for a month this whole year. I bought a big rubber maid horse tank waterer, for the garage. My car hasn't been in the garage since last Dec. It is full of stuff or my chickens. I've added 3 mini barns and made 6 chicken tractors. I"m addicted !!!

OMG I am sooo with you...

I just threw a bunch of pullet eggs in the bator to just SEE!

And then a friend emails me about eggs, serama eggs, he has saved for me... ummm of course. Never mind the bator is full... chuckle...

I thought I was done. Then I got some colored guinea eggs, can't turn those down. Then I got my new Buckeye Bantams, and had to test fertility doncha know. I generally start hatching again in late Nov, but at this rate, why bother stopping at all?

Garage? What is a Garage? Oh... u mean the MAN HOLE?! I can't touch the Garage, LOL! can't even enter it! Instead I am going to clean out the old old old Tabacco barn (still standing but haven't been used since 1980's I think) and use that as my chicken "work shop" (as hubby calls it). The chickens are MY project, everyone can help with the cleaning and feeding of the coop but NO ONE but me and the kids (WITH ME!) touches the eggs or the hatchlings! Hubby is even building a door for it right now to lock it up with to keep his cousins out! As soon as it is cleaned up and hubby puts the concrete in, and build the chick box (is that what u call a brood box? Im still learning), he is going to ask to have power installed in there running from the house or maybe install Solar Panels. He said he is going to install "FOAM" in to it to make sure it is sealed up for heat and such. Heat lamps, heat systems, and all the such. Hubby wants to keep it as humid and hot as neccessary in there. Kinda like the world's biggest incubator.

UUUghhhh... I woke up with the worst hatch addiction hangover this morning. I don't remember what I did late last night... but there are about 5 emails in my inbox responding to my alleged requests for information about fertile eggs...

What have I DONE????

More evidence of my late-night bender: In another thread, I discovered THIS posted by MY avatar:

OH NOOOO!!!

There is a rabbit cage listed on craigslist for $30. Posted a couple hours ago. I just read the care sticky in the quail section on this site and... contacted the rabbit cage seller AND a local quail breeder. hide

Oh crimeny--I will probably be hearing from these folks too! Good grief, what have I done?​

We have an old TN tobacco shed-those in the south know what they are
big_smile.png
big open metal never straight sheds that has been converted to chicken condo's inside..not cages these things are big with an exercise area and roost that all have openings to their pastures.
SO DH who is a custom builder says he's going to have to build another chicken shed..he's out of room in this one.
hide.gif

I started with 6 chicks so we could have some fresh eggs now we have a playpen in there-mine play they don't brood, a rooster bachelor pad, 2 for the layers now, a teenage pad,a baby pad and soon another teenager pad-the kids are getting big and my brooder pen needs to move out to the kids.
Oh the basement is turning into the bator station
hu.gif

The generator has a home right under the side door porch so if the power goes out the bators can keep running-used to keep the fridge cold but Priorities are just that
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom