What can these be..?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Exotica, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Exotica

Exotica C'est La Vie

Hi everyone! So I won these chicks from an auction from Greenfire Farms.

I was sent a list of all possible chicks but counted three extra. I have no idea what these three can be.
    The breeds that I received were: a Silver Spitzhauben, 3 Orusts, 4 Svart Hona's, a Marsh Daisy, 2 East Frisian Gulls, a Lyonnaise, and 2 white Pavlovskaya's.

Then there's these three..

What can they be? I looked everywhere on their website but I have no idea..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    They look like Welsummers to me.

3. Exotica

Exotica C'est La Vie

Hmm! Maybe! Greenfire Farms don't have Welsummers on their website but I can see the relation.
    All three of them have a that black little line on their faces though.
    The other two have more black on their faces. I'll try to get some pictures!

4. Exotica

Exotica C'est La Vie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of the second one.
    The third looks similar!

5. Exotica

Exotica C'est La Vie

They all have such interesting masks. I also have Bielefelders, Cream Legbars, and Swedish Flower Hens but they do not look like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

It's hard to tell for sure from the pictures - are those combs flat? Do any of them have singles? They look kind of like teeny tiny rose combs from here.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Honestly how hard would it be for them to label 3 little chicks????

8. Exotica

Exotica C'est La Vie

I'm not that experienced, so I have no idea. They still haven't developed combs yet so I can't tell!

Yeah ): They actually ended up giving me extra's.. These three are not even on the list of what I was supposed to get. They're completely mystery chicks!
    And although they're great - they really are, it can be a bit hard to contact them sometimes. They seem to only answer e-mails Monday through Thursday and only in the early morning. I understand though since it take a lot of work to run a farm.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Even a very young chick should have a minuscule comb on its head. If the area is only flat, that's probably rose or similar. If there is a tiny nub without much shape it's closer to pea. Single combs look like those of adults, but much smaller and yellowish, sometimes flopped over.

10. Exotica

Exotica C'est La Vie

Actually, all my chicks are 6 days and all of them have flat areas. The one's that are a bit older have combs. I think it takes at least a week to two for combs to start to develop. I also googled pictures of chicks and it seems that very young ones are all flat.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by