What can these be..?

Exotica

C'est La Vie
Aug 16, 2015
Baldwin Park, California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone! So I won these chicks from an auction from Greenfire Farms.

I was sent a list of all possible chicks but counted three extra. I have no idea what these three can be.
The breeds that I received were: a Silver Spitzhauben, 3 Orusts, 4 Svart Hona's, a Marsh Daisy, 2 East Frisian Gulls, a Lyonnaise, and 2 white Pavlovskaya's.

Then there's these three..

What can they be? I looked everywhere on their website but I have no idea..

It's hard to tell for sure from the pictures - are those combs flat? Do any of them have singles? They look kind of like teeny tiny rose combs from here.
I'm not that experienced, so I have no idea. They still haven't developed combs yet so I can't tell!

Honestly how hard would it be for them to label 3 little chicks????
Yeah ): They actually ended up giving me extra's.. These three are not even on the list of what I was supposed to get. They're completely mystery chicks!
And although they're great - they really are, it can be a bit hard to contact them sometimes. They seem to only answer e-mails Monday through Thursday and only in the early morning. I understand though since it take a lot of work to run a farm.

Last edited:
Even a very young chick should have a minuscule comb on its head. If the area is only flat, that's probably rose or similar. If there is a tiny nub without much shape it's closer to pea. Single combs look like those of adults, but much smaller and yellowish, sometimes flopped over.

Even a very young chick should have a minuscule comb on its head. If the area is only flat, that's probably rose or similar. If there is a tiny nub without much shape it's closer to pea. Single combs look like those of adults, but much smaller and yellowish, sometimes flopped over.
Actually, all my chicks are 6 days and all of them have flat areas. The one's that are a bit older have combs. I think it takes at least a week to two for combs to start to develop. I also googled pictures of chicks and it seems that very young ones are all flat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom