What can we do about unanswered posts?

GACK!!!!!!

I think we have to change strategies. I answered another 10 but no dent in the numbers. Chicken raiser made a good point about newbies, so now I am just going to focus on posts from new people. I noticed that people with over 1000 posts were asking questions that are easily found in other forums. Maybe after a month of no answers, Admin could delete the post with a canned response that says Please try your question in one of the related Forums. That should get rid of a lot of them, lol. All those pages must take up a lot of net space.

I think that's a good strategy. Even if you don't know the answers yourself, it's easy to direct new members to the correct forum in which to post their questions. :eek:)

maybe there's more the 16 pages but the app only shows 16.. seems the 16 hasn't changed
You are so right! I have almost answered a full page and I just noticed that new posts keep appearing on the bottom. So, yes, you are right there are way more pages than 16. Maybe we could have Admin delete some of the really old ones because their questions probably don't apply anymore and they have given up hearing from BYC, lol.

NEW PLAN! Let's just answer all the ones for October and November.....that seems achievable.

Sorry I haven't been around a lot. But that is a GREAT idea! I try to avoid anything from before September. I try to answer as many as I can, but most seem to be about emergencies/diseases. I can't really answer those, so I try to give them the right link. Again I say, great idea!

Well I have answered more than fifty posts today. Glad @Rod-T made me realize there are way more than 16 pages. So hopefully people will concentrate on October and November posts. Anything older than that is probably irrelevant now. Although it would still be nice to check for newbies in those older posts. As people pointed out, if nobody answers the very first question you ask here, why would you post again.

Btw there are about 340 October posts still out there. Thanks again @chickenraiser24 for pointing out the problem. I wont always be able to answer this many but it's lousy outside....might even snow tonight....so right now I have a bit more time.

Thanks for the link I'm on an iPhone. I've answered a couple today (I don't know enough to answer many lol) but just went to do some more and it seems the spammers are back

Well it's time to quit for the night. My avatar has been stuck at 328 posts for the last hour.....so now I have lost faith in BYC statistics. I believe I answered 50 again. Thanks to everyone for participating.

Very good thread here, I've been reading with interest.

@IceAngel Your post count will have just needed time to catch up. If your posting a lot and quickly too the system just needs chance to catch up with you.

Back
Top Bottom