What can't they eat???!?!?!?

Dont feed citrus?
I get oranges that were thrown away at work, and they are still good. I cut them up and give them to the chickens, although the peas usually eat them up before the chickens get to them. Figured they were really healthy for them.
Will still feed em, since they are free.....

Quote:
great list thanks However I wasnt aware that chickens had teeth as stated in the last paragraph I was wondering are the right behind the chickens lips ??

lau.gif

I got sick of picking up the pecked at chewed up bits in my yard after I moved the tractor, so I went back to putting my compost in the bin. Now my chickens make right for the bins when I let them out. It is sort of like a buffet! (sometimes they are just like children... if you hand it to them they don't want it but if you try to hide it they find it every time)*note I do not put any animal products in my compost bins and never have. If I have extra meat or cheese I put these in the coops directly otherwise the dogs, racoons and neighborhood cats will start frequenting my compost pile as well and they are not welcome to our buffet.

I give my chickens peanuts and they love them! I don't give them many at a time since they are lightly salted. My b/f likes peanuts in the shell but some aren't roasted to his liking. I collect the shelled peanuts he rejects and give them to the chooks. It's generally the first thing they eat!

Thanks for letting me know this. I have old milk and sometimes old yogurt and was wondering. "Leftovers" Only feed your chickens that which is still considered edible by humans, don't feed anything spoiled, moldy, oily, salty or unidentifiable.

Back
Top Bottom