What chicken breed do you like the best?

What is the best chickens breed. I am looking to get 2 more. But don't know what ones to get.
My goals are for then to be friendly and I am going to show them at the fair next year. And also good layers
We got show winning Rhode Island Red bantams from Cackle Hatchery. They are sweet, adorable, and great egg layers for not much mess or feed. The hens get broody and make great moms!

I don't haven't read this whole thread. But I think that my favorite breed is the Purebred Buff Orpington. They can be very beautiful. They have a tendency to sit. I have a BO that is sitting right now. They make good mothers as far as I know. They are decent layers for a purebred. Like about 300 eggs a year without sitting and about 280 if the sit some. This is approximate and I think this is the amount I read online somewhere. They also lay well in the winter I believe. At least better than some other breeds. They also will make a decent meat bird especially the roosters.

My goals are for then to be friendly and I am going to show them at the fair next year. And also good layers
We have a couple of Polish girls that are cute, funny, very 'chatty' and friendly but their eggs are tiny and white so they wouldn't work well if you were looking for big colorful eggs

Are blue laced gold wyandotte good layers and are they friendly. I love how they look.
I can tell you when mine decides to start laying. She's a mid April chick, so 5 months now. She's not the friendliest, but I didn't set out to have them be friendly. I can grab her more often than not when they're eating, but she won't come up to me willingly

My Bresse are nice temperament wise and my pullet (early March chick) lays every few days.

My Isabella leghorns are absolutely gorgeous, but flighty as all get out if you look at them.

Here's some of the Isabella Leghorn and BLG wyandottes. Note, the blue is absolutely not like the electric blue in the catalogs. These guys are roughly 5 months old, and are decently sized

Attachments

• 20210830_110809.jpg
    20210830_110809.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210830_110807.jpg
    20210830_110807.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 1
Are blue laced gold wyandotte good layers and are they friendly. I love how they look.
I got two chicks from a local breeder, one was a cockerel and a beautiful and very sweet boy and the other is a black laced red that comes from the same genetics as BLR and she’s friendly and gets along well in my mixed flock, but she’s not overly sweet and cuddly. They are really great flock friends, and never had any signs at all of aggression and they’re both beautiful. I also have Orpingtons and Cochins, and Ameraucanas and they are much friendlier and sweet too! The Cochins are LF and bantam and both come to visit me on their own as do the Ameraucanas. They’re quickly becoming my favorites!

I have a Easter Egger who does the same she comes and waits for me to pick her up every day. She use to hate me but now she's my favorite.

My Bresse are nice temperament wise and my pullet (early March chick) lays every few days.

My Isabella leghorns are absolutely gorgeous, but flighty as all get out if you look at them.
Probably not something flighty we have an open part that is not covered in our run they would probably get out. And then the neighbors wouldn't be happy

Back
Top Bottom