What color are Call duck eggs?

ThePolishPrincess

Songster
11 Years
Dec 29, 2008
Orange County, New York
My new young calls were born late July so I'm guessing I won't expect eggs until....well...when exactly? Spring or summer? I'm so used to my Muscovies, I never knew Calls could be soooo different!

Also, what color are the eggs? And do they have that 'texture' that other ducks' eggs have?
hu.gif
As a duck owner, I recently discovered this information would be great to know.
lol.png
You know?

That's good to know. A breeder nearby told us once that her Calls laid blue eggs and another online said that theirs laid white eggs.
roll.png
As long as I can tell them apart from my chickens' eggs, that's cool.

Thanks for responding so quickly.
wee.gif

MIne lay light greenish eggs too. Calls are seasonal layers so you can expect them to start laying early next spring. Mine usually start laying eggs towards the end of March thru June.

Call ducks lay a light blue-green tinted egg (i.e. a white egg with a blue-green tint). They look like the blue-green tinted ones below:

IMG_6372.JPG

Last edited:
I have 2 west Indies, and they are laying a dark green egg, I thought they were chicken eggs until I seen her on the nest, what a surprise

I have 2 west Indies, and they are laying a dark green egg, I thought they were chicken eggs until I seen her on the nest, what a surprise

Back
Top Bottom