What color are my goats? Nigerian dwarf.

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
I have a couple goats that I would like to know the color of. I want to use the kippenjungle goat color calculator but I have no clue what to put in. What is their color called and what do I put in the calculator? The 2 tan and white does are sisters. One has blue eyes. I am also hoping to get this buckling soon to go with them. What color is he? ❤️🐐I know what the black ones are but not sure what to call the tan and white females or the buckling I'll be getting. Do y'all think they will make pretty babies when the buckling is old enough? What color kids do you think I would get? Is the buckling considered moonspotted?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-134935~2.png
    Screenshot_20220620-134935~2.png
    494.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20220603_142601187.jpg
    IMG_20220603_142601187.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220603_142539814.jpg
    IMG_20220603_142539814.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 9
I’ve never heard of kippenjungle, I’m definitely going to have to go play around with that now 😄 I like to use http://www.nigeriandwarfcolors.com/nigerian-dwarf-color-genetics.html for color genetics, and so far it’s been accurate🙂
I’m really not sure about your brown girl, maybe caramel? Either that, or she may have two different colors going on, canceling each other out. I’m not very good at distinguishing multiple patterns combined just yet 😅
The baby is the buckling, correct? He looks like a buckskin with extended white to me, unfortunately no moonspots though. I attached a pic of a similar looking doeling I have, she is definitely a buckskin underneath all that white. Her twin sister beside her is a chocolate buckskin (the black will lighten up to chocolate as she gets older) 🙂
523CCE20-6D69-4B4F-916F-5FEFA0331D14.jpeg

I’ve never heard of kippenjungle, I’m definitely going to have to go play around with that now 😄 I like to use http://www.nigeriandwarfcolors.com/nigerian-dwarf-color-genetics.html for color genetics, and so far it’s been accurate🙂
I’m really not sure about your brown girl, maybe caramel? Either that, or she may have two different colors going on, canceling each other out. I’m not very good at distinguishing multiple patterns combined just yet 😅
The baby is the buckling, correct? He looks like a buckskin with extended white to me, unfortunately no moonspots though. I attached a pic of a similar looking doeling I have, she is definitely a buckskin underneath all that white. Her twin sister beside her is a chocolate buckskin (the black will lighten up to chocolate as she gets older) 🙂View attachment 3156258
What about this buckling? Is he considered moonspotted or no?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-145129.png
    Screenshot_20220620-145129.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
What about this buckling? Is he considered moonspotted or no?
It’s hard to tell from the picture, but I don’t believe he is moonspotted. A moon spot can’t be white or located on white, typically they’re brown or gray spots, but they’re always located on the base coat 🙂
I can try to get a few pics of my moonspotted goats tomorrow if you’d like 🙂

Ok, it took me a bit longer than expected, but here are some pictures of my moonspotted goats 😅

First up is Milo, you can kind of see in the first picture the brownish spots on his neck and shoulder– those are all moonspots 😄 They’re brown, but a different shade than his normal tan and black coloring. You can see in the second picture that they’re a grayish color once I shaved him (last summer’s pic), and he actually has a ton of moonspots hiding underneath his coat😄
33307AF0-B170-4C38-AEEA-CBC881EB1191.jpeg
DFE3B6DC-6E75-473F-BBB0-C43F0400E2D6.jpeg
Next up is Daisy, she only has one moonspot on her neck, but it’s quite large. You can kind of see in her baby picture that it’s dark brown when she isn’t shaved.
B3029DDD-FB5D-4827-B63A-68F62380FA11.jpeg
F638F871-0F5A-49B1-8AB9-C1696ED839F0.jpeg
Last but not least is Mar’i, one of Milo’s kids from this year😄 I can’t tell if the spots on her back are moonspots or not yet– they look the same color as her cape, but I don’t know if buckskins can have spots on their body or not. Her hind legs are definitely moonspotted though, they’re a different color than the rest of her coat (and yes, I shaved one leg to make sure they were colored all the way through 😆)
EE73343F-60A7-4AE8-A80E-321DF5F77B63.jpeg
1C995475-8742-4657-8E68-83F736040A97.jpeg
Oh, and I found out that the buckskin pattern is also called San Clemente😁

Ok, it took me a bit longer than expected, but here are some pictures of my moonspotted goats 😅

First up is Milo, you can kind of see in the first picture the brownish spots on his neck and shoulder– those are all moonspots 😄 They’re brown, but a different shade than his normal tan and black coloring. You can see in the second picture that they’re a grayish color once I shaved him (last summer’s pic), and he actually has a ton of moonspots hiding underneath his coat😄
View attachment 3159005View attachment 3159009Next up is Daisy, she only has one moonspot on her neck, but it’s quite large. You can kind of see in her baby picture that it’s dark brown when she isn’t shaved.View attachment 3159007View attachment 3159004Last but not least is Mar’i, one of Milo’s kids from this year😄 I can’t tell if the spots on her back are moonspots or not yet– they look the same color as her cape, but I don’t know if buckskins can have spots on their body or not. Her hind legs are definitely moonspotted though, they’re a different color than the rest of her coat (and yes, I shaved one leg to make sure they were colored all the way through 😆)View attachment 3159006View attachment 3159008Oh, and I found out that the buckskin pattern is also called San Clemente😁
Mar'i sure looks moonspotted to me! Her dad is gorgeous! Milo's colors are my goal! I want flashy blue eyed babies!

Back
Top Bottom