What color are my Japanese bantam babies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by msheets, Dec 30, 2011.

1. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    I was going to post pics but I may not need to since from what I've seen a lot of the jap chicks aren't to hard to identify, well to the trained eye lol. I can post pics it's just kind of difficult on my phone...

1 is solid white/yellow- I'm thinking it is a black tailed white? With research it seems that's what color their chicks are but could it also be a solid white adult?
    1 is white with a very pale pale blue back, lightest blue I've seen, it actually looks very light grey. Maybe blue mottled (or splash) or a grey adult?
    1 is white marked the same as the one before, except with a black back. Black mottled?
    1 could be what the previous one us but I really think instead of a black back that it's a darker/medium blue color, it looks lighter than black to me honestly. Maybe blue mottled?

The 3 chicks with the colored backs are 50% white & 50% other 2nd color, do I don't think any will be solid black adults, their chicks seemed to be more 75% black & 25% white.

Thanks very much for any opinions, I really want to get into this breed & could use your help [​IMG]
  2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Pics would help lol
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  3. msheets

msheets Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Hurricane, WV
    Lol ok I'll go take some, I always like seeing pics too...

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  5. jonespoulltryfarm

jonespoulltryfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    yellow / white chicks can be white birds or black tailed whites
    solid black with a white dot on its head is a mottled
    black and white ones are black and grey birds