What color are my Serama Chicks?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Woods_Woman, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Can anyone give me an idea on what color these chicks are? I believe They are 10 to 12 weeks old. The little brown seems to be feeling under the weather today, praying she's not sick. Also any idea on what age serama reach maturity?

[​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    The closet Black and White looks like it will most likely be mottled, that is the typical pattern for young mottled birds, but most Seramas are random colors so its hard to say on the others but they should be close to what they are now.

3. Kyfila

Kyfila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    georgetown, ky
    [​IMG]
    Don't you just love Seramas!!?!

The colors they are now are the colors they will be! With Seramas they do not breed true to color. You never know what your gonna get! Every hatch is a pot luck!

You do have some beautiful birds!

Be Blessed!

Kim in Ky.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The one closest to the camera looks like it is a mottled.
    The next one back (farthest to the left) looks like a Black Breasted Red.
    The one all the way in the back looks to be a Silver Quail...

Chris

5. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    They can breed around 6 months give or take, but they reach full maturity at 18 months.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    The brownish one on the left looks a lot like mine did at that age. This is her now

[​IMG]

7. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Thanks all for the input. I really like these guy's, I'm hoping that at least one is a roo cause I'd really like to have a small roo around. I live in city limit's where roo's are not allowed, but I can at least sneak one since it'll be in the house most of the time.

8. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    I can tell my cockerals pretty early, and those look like girls to me. But you never know, sometimes they just seem to transform. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by