What color are my sikie chicks, please?

torrelee

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
long beach, wa
I have 2 6 day old silkie chicks that I incubated from my flock. I thought they were from my naked neck roo over my splash hen, but suspect that my black roo may be the father. Guess I better call Maury! I read that black and splash throw blue and splash??
The possible parents:
\
roo, hen, don't mind the BR, roo, and don't think she was laying.
Java 6 days

Dolce 6 days

Is "Black Roo" actually considered black? He was cuckoo barred when I bought him, then developed all of that mess!

Your "black" rooster doesn't appear to be black, more like a mixed variety (parents from two different varieties). As far as I know, the naked neck gene is dominant, so your chicks (since they have feathered necks) are probably from your Silkie, not the Naked neck. The chicks look white, splash, and/or blue in color to me.

Your "black" rooster doesn't appear to be black, more like a mixed variety (parents from two different varieties). As far as I know, the naked neck gene is dominant, so your chicks (since they have feathered necks) are probably from your Silkie, not the Naked neck. The chicks look white, splash, and/or blue in color to me.
x2

Back
Top Bottom