What color are these bantam Cochin chicks?

ESofVA

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2012
Keller, VA
I have two black Cochin chicks, 1 one month and 1 six week old and both are different. They are not just black, but I am not sure what you would call the colors.

Any help most appreciated!!!

#1 Cockerel

The first chick looks like either a dark Blue Cochin, or a Black Cochin--the white wing feathers are relatively common in young blue or black birds.The second one could be a poor quality Silver-Laced Cochin or some sort of mix.

Your first Cochin is a black or dark blue Cochin. As Bantamlover21 said, white feathers are fairly common in black or blue birds. Your second chick may be a Silver-Laced Cochin, but it will be easier to tell when he/she is older.

I agree with the first two posts though the second chick could also be a Golden Laced Cochin, but from the feathering it's showing right now I would say SLW.

Last edited:
For # 2 that is whitish down the middle of the feathers. #1 looks black but around the edges of his feathers it looks darker black. I know the white wing feathers will go away like Australorps do. Its feathers look like dark, dark charcoal gray with black lacing

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom