What color are these chicks? (Various breeds)

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
0743775F-64A7-4D29-8F6C-B5C288A5D514.jpeg

First is Pickle, hatched March 18. Parents unknown. (He has a thread if you’d like to take a guess on mom and dad called ‘who’s my mommy the sequel’)
67243B3B-9480-4CF1-B41B-CCF85649E758.jpeg

Second is Olive who we purchased as a buff Brahma, but I’m thinking she’s a golden laced? Second opinions?
1F03F01D-F8C4-4776-9988-283ECFD3C48F.jpeg

A possible turken mix as I haven’t seen NN chicks this color hatched from my black tailed buff NN.
430ACD63-4B4D-43EF-B4F4-E87A67D900CE.jpeg

Same deal as the one before.
436B70E0-4206-42E7-8D18-424C4ECDC5C7.jpeg

This one is tricky. I know dad is my silkie mix/RIR cross as it has the tiniest leg tufts. I’m not sure who mom is. It is from the same batch as the two NNs. Also, my four Easter egger chicks have a similar pattern to this just in different colors.

First one looks a lavender.
The second one is a buff brahma, the columbian pattern looks like this when they begin growing out the feathers, when fully feathered you won't see these colors anymore unless you open her wings because the buff feathers will cover the black ones
I'm sorry but I don't know about the other ones

First one looks a lavender.
The second one is a buff brahma, the columbian pattern looks like this when they begin growing out the feathers, when fully feathered you won't see these colors anymore unless you open her wings because the buff feathers will cover the black ones
I'm sorry but I don't know about the other ones
Olive just looks so different from the other buff Brahma. Pepper didn’t have what Olive has. Interesting.

Sometimes can happen that the columbian markings are very pronunced in the wings, other times can be barely visible. Sometimes also (you see it when fully feathered) the black color leaks in other body parts where it shouldn't. It depends on the quality of the chicks/parents. I don't know where you bought them but (if they arrive from a hatchery), from what I see, hatchery chicks usually don't follow the breed standards completely. She's anyways so beautiful ☺️

Sometimes can happen that the columbian markings are very pronunced in the wings, other times can be barely visible. Sometimes also (you see it when fully feathered) the black color leaks in other body parts where it shouldn't. It depends on the quality of the chicks/parents. I don't know where you bought them but (if they arrive from a hatchery), from what I see, hatchery chicks usually don't follow the breed standards completely. She's anyways so beautiful ☺️
Ah well I bought her from stockdales soooo. I love her. I think they’re just the cutest.

Back
Top Bottom