What color are these Naked Necks?

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 3, 2019
I have two NNs that hatched from under my buff NN. As chicks they had dark brown fluff. Now they’re about four-six weeks old. One is quite obviously a male and already has iridescent green tail feathers coming. I’m hoping the other is a pullet with how Uniform her coloring is. But, what color/pattern is this? What genes could it stem from? With how similar they look, I’m betting they’re full siblings, not half.
F3AF6EB0-4CB4-44EA-924D-9FA78FB1490D.jpeg

2CCC4427-CB70-4C0C-96C8-30CA79F3F313.jpeg

Yes, and the second one almost looks silver laced?
I'm personally thinking they're the same and just the male versus female patterns emerging. They might be mixed variety so I cannot say, but he does look very similar to my Silver Pencilled Rock cockerels. Awful picture but here's one of my cockerels who at the time was a bit more mature, but is showing similarly colored leakage :)
A77FF5F4-8E88-4A66-9935-3D4413BAF11C.jpeg

They almost look silver laced/partridge/idk!?
Lol :)
The first one kind of looks silver penciled

I'm not sure!

(They are so cute and funny! Can't wait to get my hands on naked necks!)

@Rhodebar Lover should know what color they are
Do you have any idea what gene that comes from because uh....I don’t have any birds with those patterns (that are expressed at least).
I love my NNs and their crosses. They’re a hoot.

I'm personally thinking they're the same and just the male versus female patterns emerging. They might be mixed variety so I cannot say, but he does look very similar to my Silver Pencilled Rock cockerels. Awful picture but here's one of my cockerels who at the time was a bit more mature, but is showing similarly colored leakage :)
View attachment 2687000

I figured they were the same color, just made and female. It’s also quite possible for them to be a mix, however there is quite a possibility that they’re full since three/four of my Roos are NNs.

Uh...UH...
Black astrolorp
Black astrolorp/NN
Red sexlink
Black tailed buff NN
Sapphire Olive egger
Big blue mix
White leghorn
Barred rock
Those are all the hens I can think of. I also have two red NN roos, a black NN, and a silkie cross/RIR roo.
That is super weird! I honestly couldn't tell you were those genetics came from at all! Super pretty outcome though :)

Back
Top Bottom