What color buttons?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ra, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ra

ra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    These are 2 weeks old any help on color! Also a picture of mom and dad. I pick them up from a lady in Mo, she traded me a few hats for the pair,4 eggs, and two nice quail pens!These babies are from the eggs she gave me!
    Many blessings!

#1 mom and dad
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Mom and Dad, Blue Face on left, Blue Face cinnamon on right

#2 Blue Face

#3 Pied

#4 Blue Breasted (wild-type)...if it has a red belly as an adult it will be a Normal Red Breasted Male. Blue Belly...Normal Blue Breasted

3. ra

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    Thank you so much!You are always so helpful quailladyoffortmyers!
    God bless!!

4. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! the babies at 2 weeks old sure look ALOT different from the 2 day old ones that i have .... cute [​IMG]

5. ra

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    The daddy is the sweetest little man and I love his color too. When I clean and feed he just watches me and doesnt panic like momma.

6. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:awwwwwww..i have been putting my hands in the brooder alot since hatch and just leaving them there by the food or with food in them hoping the babies will get used to them and not end up super spastic as they age .....who knows if it will work or not.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ra

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    I have tried to hold my babies at first it went well but there is only one now that wont try to escape! They are all little cuties!

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I find that the ones that you hatch out usually do get used to you. The ones that escape on me are ones that I adopt...I adopt plenty [​IMG]

I don't handle my buttons but they KNOW I am the ones that feed them and steal their eggs [​IMG] oh and I bring them mealie worms and Creeping Charlie from the backyard...they are fun. It's takes a while to care for them each day but they watch what I do, evening cleaning the coturnix cages, they always wonder why I am not paying attention to them [​IMG]

9. ra

Jan 18, 2009
    Arkansas
    Thats nice to know! I will keep talking with them, they are in a brooder in my kitchen with a few serama chicks.[​IMG]
    I do love the little calls they make!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by