What color cochin is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Buns, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Buns

Buns Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    Quitman, Texas
    I think she is likely a mix of different colored cochins and would like to know best guess as to what the colors are. Regardless, I just love her. [​IMG]
    Thanks for any guesses.
    [​IMG]

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    [​IMG] No idea, but very pretty! Almost looks like a mille fleur.

3. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I don't know but she would like to live at my house.

4. Buns

Jul 3, 2010
    Quitman, Texas
    Quote:Actually, I have a mille fleur project flock going and she is in it... she looks nothing like the rest of my hens, though. Will be curious how her offspring come out! [​IMG]

5. Buns

Jul 3, 2010
    Quitman, Texas
    Quote:That's about as nice a compliment as one could get. Thank you! Gonna hang onto her for a bit and see what she and Rupert can manage together. Hopefully some darn cute chicks!

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    haha, it's the opposite of a Tolbunt! [​IMG]

Not sure, but obviously has some mottled genes in there. Perhaps Partridge x mottled?

7. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I dunno what WOW is she pretty! [​IMG]

8. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    She is very pretty. I don't know what you'd call that color either. She's got some partridge markings going on with mottling. Mottled partridge? Is it possible that she's the mom of the little chick you asked about?

9. Buns

Jul 3, 2010
    Quitman, Texas
    Quote:I do see the mottling. Her feather colors were just interesting to me. Actually she is just a pullet. Hasn't even laid her first egg yet, and was only put in with our roo just a few days ago. Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments about her.

She needs her own little friend, the four sisters are kind of snubbing her in the flock and it's pitiful to see. Since I have no one close in age ready to go in that pen and befriend her it looks like I'm going to be pullet shopping soon. Yay!!! [​IMG]

10. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:I do see the mottling. Her feather colors were just interesting to me. Actually she is just a pullet. Hasn't even laid her first egg yet, and was only put in with our roo just a few days ago. Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments about her.

She needs her own little friend, the four sisters are kind of snubbing her in the flock and it's pitiful to see. Since I have no one close in age ready to go in that pen and befriend her it looks like I'm going to be pullet shopping soon. Yay!!! [​IMG]

I have a few Bantam Cochin pullets her age that would love to be her friends and playmates. Why not just sent her on up north?

You should post her pic over on the Cochin thread and see if anyone can help identify her background:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=195235&p=195

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by