What Color Do You Call These Ameracaunas?

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
Hi, I just got 3 Ameracauna chicks from the feed store today and I don't know much about them except they are pullets, they came from ideal, and one is blonde with a dark stripe, one is brown headed with a dark stripe, and the last is red headed with a dark stripe:
Are all of these girls the same thing as easter eggers?
chicks3.jpg

chicks.jpg

blondechick.jpg

puffycheeks.jpg

and two of them have puffy cheeks like this!

brownchick.jpg

I got five "amerucana's" from my local feed store three weeks ago and a couple look like the ones you have. The are beginning to feather out and so far the colors have not changed much. I really don't know as this is the first time I have had this variety. I know most of them are really the mutt Easter Eggers right.?.

Nuggetsowner:) :

I got five "amerucana's" from my local feed store three weeks ago and a couple look like the ones you have. The are beginning to feather out and so far the colors have not changed much. I really don't know as this is the first time I have had this variety. I know most of them are really the mutt Easter Eggers right.?.

I'm beginning to think so, I read on the Henderson's Breed Chart that true Amerucanas are rare. It's okay though, they are still cute.​

Yeah, if you buy an Ameraucana/Arucana from a hatchery it IS an Easter Egger. It's awfully silly that all the hatchery's call them Ameraucana's.
hmm.png

But you've got some cute healthy chicks there. That's always good!
smile.png

I would suspect that the bottom one could end up a nice partridge color. It'll be neat to see how they turn out, someone here ended up with some really pretty Blue/Buff hens.

Back
Top Bottom