What Color Eggs Are Your EEs Laying?

7 Biddies

Crowing
10 Years
May 22, 2012
NE GA Mountains
My Coop
My Coop
I have 2 EEs and the first one laid yesterday. It was a beautiful mint green egg! The second one is squatting, so I'm expecting another colored egg very soon. I'm hoping this one will be blue or, at least bluish. What color eggs are you getting?

My 4 1/2 month old EE just yesterday layed her first Olive green egg. Can't wait to see what the other 9 lay ;-)

Just got my first egg from this year's girls & it was a lovely mint green. They are 18 weeks 5 days old & I didn't expect any until next week. It's been 19 years since my first egg & it's still exciting!

Ahh!!
barnie.gif
My Olive Egger girls are a little over 22 weeks and NOTHING!! I can't wait to see what color eggs they lay. Their combs are big and red, and they are getting really noisy, but no squatting or anything yet....

Congrats!!

Ahh!!
barnie.gif
My Olive Egger girls are a little over 22 weeks and NOTHING!! I can't wait to see what color eggs they lay. Their combs are big and red, and they are getting really noisy, but no squatting or anything yet....

Congrats!!

Mine aren't doing everything in the order I expected. Two of five didn't squat until *after* they laid the first egg. Two others sing the egg song before and after they lay. Another makes nary a sound.
So, don't depend too much on the "rules". Not all of your girls may be rule followers. They'll lay when they're ready, so relax and look forward to being more excited than you thought you could be over eggs.

Back
Top Bottom