What color eggs do Orpingtons lay?

I'll bet o'l Leggy just went thru menopause
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

LOL
lol.png

The gray Americauna hen on the right is my 10 year old chicken. She's the last of my first three chickens.
muddylayers.jpg

This is Jeckyl, the 9-year-old Leghorn. It's the best picture I have (not much, lol!). She's actually light brown, but she has white mixed in with her colored feathers. I don't know if she's a white x light brown or if she is just gradually becoming depigmented. She started off with only a few white feathers, but now she's about 50% white.
camerahog.jpg

Yeah, Ragie always has a scowl on her face. She's really sweet though. They're very healthy for their age. Jeckyl has recently been submiting even... she want's to be bred!

Buff Orpington's are brown egg layers. One of my RIR's which lay the same color of eggs as BO's, lays a light cream almost white egg. I think your Leghorn may be laying. How often are you getting the white egg?

Buff Orpington's are brown egg layers. One of my RIR's which lay the same color of eggs as BO's, lays a light cream almost white egg. I think your Leghorn may be laying. How often are you getting the white egg?

Oops... I re-read your post and saw in it twice in a month.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom