What color eggs do Wyandottes lay?

Thank you so much. They sound like a good choice, but i have heard that leghorns are flighty, nervous birds. Is that true?

Not at all! it depends on how you raise them, I have 1 leghorn that we bought along with 3 others that were killed somehow, i basically lived with my chickens so she comes to me when i call and is one of our top hens, She does not freak out or anything like that.

Hey folks. I know this is an old thread but thought id share a pic anyway. I spent ages online trying to find decent pics of Wyandotte eggs and if theres a difference between gold and silver laced eggs.
Left: blue laced australorp (just for reference)
Middle: silver laced wyandotte
Right: gold laced wyandotte.

Attachments

• 20180326_203129.jpg
    20180326_203129.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 40
Ours lay a medium to light brown colored egg and we can always tell them from our other hens because they have a sheen to them

Hey folks. I know this is an old thread but thought id share a pic anyway. I spent ages online trying to find decent pics of Wyandotte eggs and if theres a difference between gold and silver laced eggs.
Left: blue laced australorp (just for reference)
Middle: silver laced wyandotte
Right: gold laced wyandotte.

My Wyandotte laid very light brown eggs on the small side. I did have a broody hen as well. She didn't know what she was doing and would leave the nest and return to set in a different one. I got tired of constantly watching her and returning the eggs to wherever she was setting and finally just took her eggs away. She was broody for a couple of months before she got over it. It's a hormonal thing so I don't try to convince them differently! I've had Columbian Wyandottes, Golden Laced Wyandottes as well as Silver Laced Wyandottes. They all laid very light brown eggs and they were all on the small side (the eggs not the chickens!), but they did lay consistently. :D

Back
Top Bottom