What color have some of you painted your coop

We went with red wine and alligator skin (The names sold me!)
lol.png

99931_coop.jpg

I would like to think myself prim and proper with a stately stained 'outhouse' coop...
75545_img_9468.jpg

75545_img_9470.jpg

BUT I have a purple one too! It has a signal lamp in the side as well.
75545_dsc00688.jpg

75545_dsc00690.jpg

Last edited:
We both did the construction, but because I did all the planning and the chickens were my idea, I asked my husband to choose the color so he would have more in it then just sweat!! He chose a tan color (vanilla brandy.) Of course that's too dull for me so I'll be adding STENCILED PICTURES in pretty shades to the coop...Lowe's and WalMart didn't have much to choose from but I did find cute, simple insects and flowers. Our chicks arrive the week of 8/8 - hopefully we'll be ready! BTW...like most others, I am so thankful for this site!!

When it rains we can choose to look down in the mud puddles Or up to God's rainbow!

I wanted to paint my coop John Deere Green with Yellow trim (and add a nice John Deere logo to the back)... BUT my husband, brother and dad (who are all doing the work for the coop) said that will be too loud since the coop is in the front part of our lot, visible from the street before you even see our house. Hmmm. I guess I have to go with it since they are the ones doing the work. So... it should be medium grey with white trim... if it ever gets here.
wink.png
But I will probably paint the door red. I'll know more once I see it- hopefully soon!

Back
Top Bottom