What color is the inside of your coop?

Mine is about 75% White and 25% I'll Get Around to it Later which is a shade of plywood.

I love how bright the white makes the interior, but it is of course mottled w/ poop. I wipe it down from time to time and will paint over it again still in white "when I get around to it" or in truth I'll paint any light color high gloss or exterior paint that I find in the "oops" section at the hardware store.

Mine is about 75% White and 25% I'll Get Around to it Later which is a shade of plywood.

I love how bright the white makes the interior, but it is of course mottled w/ poop. I wipe it down from time to time and will paint over it again still in white "when I get around to it" or in truth I'll paint any light color high gloss or exterior paint that I find in the "oops" section at the hardware store.
HAH i like that🤣

Will the smell of paint bother the chickens? They do peck at the roosts now and then. Is it ok to eat the paint flakes? Sorry to be a party poop!!! haha
Once the paint has dried, I haven’t really even noticed a “paint smell” tbh. And i don’t paint thick so we haven’t had any chipping pieces😁

The interior of my coop is white. I read somewhere to paint with deck paint for ease of cleaning and that's what I used. I also caulked the cracks to counter bug-a-boos having a place to hide. The exterior is medium gray with white trim. The white interior does have poo scattered Jackson Pollock style here and there... but I'll give it a good hose down when it warms up. I don't regret the white but think gray would look great too! View attachment 3387084
Beautiful coop!

I'm working on a name-plate hanging for my girls. They are all the same breed, so they wear colored leg bands to distinguish them from one another. The name-plate colors correlate with their leg bands. I did have a little trouble with Winnie's. She wears a white band. This weekend, I'll work on the hanging "hardware". Then, to find a space where it will fit in their coop

Attachments

• received_1902161830135851.jpeg
    received_1902161830135851.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm working on a name-plate hanging for my girls. They are all the same breed, so they wear colored leg bands to distinguish them from one another. The name-plate colors correlate with their leg bands. I did have a little trouble with Winnie's. She wears a white band. This weekend, I'll work on the hanging "hardware". Then, to find a space where it will fit in their coop
I wish i could do this but my chickens names are, chip, yellow chicken, fluffy, brown sugar and lacey 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom