What color is this Muscovy?

Sorry, I read that to be an odd color on the head and breast. Putting words into your mouth via my thought process - interesting how that works!

Anyway, still think she's a silver and I still think, from the photo posted by The Wolf Queen that cream is a possibility but there is a feather on the right wing that does make me think silver where the overall photo says cream to me. Good lighting would help considerably, for sure.

If there is white on the bird then it's probably just a silver pied and you would have areas of silver and areas of white that are not too different in shade. The older / more worn / dirtier the feathers are the harder it would be to tell, too. What were the parents?

Here is the hen in question:
100_5133.JPG

100_5126.JPG

BUT, this is where I get confused. I have a hen that i thought for sure was silver but she is OBVIOUSLY a dfferent color than this hen.

Here's the 'SILVER' hen:
100_4939.JPG

They're both silver, the second one is a silver pied though. She might be a white head, if she's < 1 year old she'll possibly get a white head next year.

Are they normally so different looking? I mean, these 2 girls next to eachother look totally different. I will have to get a better picture after she goes back outside with the others i guess.

Thanks everyone.

now how about this one? She's also different than the 2 i showed you already... almost fawn-ish? never seen one like her before & we now have 2, both from the same place.

100_5067.JPG

She looks to be blue-fawn pied, or what I'd learned was lilac but I think the correct term is blue-fawn.

I can't see much of a difference between the two in photos. Yes, a pure silver will have a darker head, as do blues.

Last edited:
Nope, all 3 are hens. the 1st one I asked about is currently laying everyday
smile.png

All of mine but 3 are hens & and one that i am still wondering about. I should probably get updated pictures of that one on here to get opinions. I am hoping it'll be a girl too.

Back
Top Bottom