What color is this silkie?

I have a Cucko Silkie. She is a fiesty girl. I think it a new color that some breeders are working on. The pattern is cool looking on the Silkies.

Silkies have 5 toes. Well silkies SHOULD have 5 toes. Usually hatchery ones have more or less.
44999_030.jpg

Last edited:
I had no idea she was a cuckoo. I hatched her from an e-bay egg. Lol! I double checked the auctions I won and they didnt say anything about having cuckoo silkies. The auction had blue, black, splash, and partridge. Can't wait to see what she grows up to look like.

It looks like she has dark skin. That's a bonus! I remember reading before that breeders were working to try to get cuckoo silkie skin dark. For some reason, can't remember exactly, something having to do with what they're crossed with, the skin is usually light.

Yes, she has dark skin. It is just as blue as the rest of my silkies. Too bad she is just a fluke because I would like to have some more like her later on. I am not sure how you get Cuckoo silkies but maybe I can find a male that carries the gene and get some cuckoo babies out of her someday.
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom