What color Polish bantam is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mama24, Apr 22, 2011.

1. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I can't find any pics that look like this one. The feathers on its head are tipped in black, too. Hard to see in the pic.
    [​IMG]

2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:The on on the right might be a "Gold Laced" Polish the one on the left isn't a polish (might be a Sultan)

Chris

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I know the one on the left is a sultan. [​IMG] [​IMG] I looked up pics of golden laced Polish chicks (btw, don't EVER google just polish chicks! [​IMG][​IMG]) b/c that's what I though he was, too, but I'm not sure b/c none of the pictures look like him. They were really mostly black or gray, where he is mostly gold. Oh well, I got him at TSC, we'll just have to see what he grows up to be. [​IMG]

4. Jchantecler

Jchantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    I'll bet that the polish is a buff laced. My goldens did not look like that.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:That is what is throwing me, A Buff Laced shouldn't have Black in them.
    Who knows it could be a Buff Laced /Gold Laced Cross.

Chris

6. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    The top left one is for sure a sultan, it has feathered legs, and 5 toes. The other one may be a golden polish?

7. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Yep its a Buff Laced polish. I have one thats a little older now. Also, I have several others that were sent as Polish; speckled blk/white, black, grey, red...hmmmm??? But they all have the topknots. Then I also have some white sultans, and yes they look just like your little chick above. I have a Lavendar color (maybe light grey?) , Polish Roo that is a trip. He's about 7 months old now, and when he crows, the whole neighborhood knows. [​IMG]
    Nah...he just sounds like he has strep throat or something. [​IMG] I love him to death, and so does the neighbors. I hatched him out (he was the only one to make it), but a month ago I ordered about 15 females, glad they are females (hopefully), cause I can't imagine more than one or two croakers. [​IMG]

8. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Hey Creve, I used to live in Texas. Too bad I'm not there anymore. [​IMG] I've got POLISH! [​IMG] LOL!

9. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    That cool, what varieties do you have? Man it is hot here in texas, it was 90 degrees today!

10. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    Awww cute!
    all I can say is that they're not white crested black!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by