What color silkie chick is this?

Not a silver gene white, but my grey hen sunburned so badly that she looks partridge--finally she is starting to molt
sad.png

I think splash but it may have a bit recessive..Head looks a little brownish...Beautiful babies...I must get silkies!

Have a blessed and Happy New Year!

thanks everyone. Just when you think you know most of the colors. :)IT is a nice color. It is sure different.I will be watching this one as it feathers out.

Not sure what you mean?

Splash is two copies of the blue gene. Silver gene white is one copy (female) or either one or two copies (male) of the sex-linked silver gene (it's alternative allele is gold).

that is what i was wondering about. It cant be a double gene. The parents are both white.I do have a blue ,but she isnt laying yet from raising her babies. But no blue male of yet. No sex link silver gene. Wow this can be confusing. I just wanting to know where it came from. When i look at it under the heat lamp. IT does stand out from the rest of the whites. At is like a grey with white coming threw in spots. The wing feathers coming in are white.

I'm not sure why you are saying she cannot be silver gene white? I he inherited a copy from mama and a copy from dad, then he would have two copies of silver. If she inherited a copy from dad, she would be silver gene. If the blue hen bred with the white roo, and if he carries blue or splash, then the chicklet could indeed have inherited two copies of blue.

I know this an old thread but i had 1 chick hatch like this recently. Hatched with a light silvery sheen but now at a month is feathering in pure white. Roo and hen were both light silver partridge (gray) color. Would this mean it is double silver gene white?

Back
Top Bottom