What color would this make?

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
Breeding a bourbon tom to a blue/red bronze hen. Porters chart shows a HUGE potential of colors but also some would come out as a bourbon red. If I take these poults and breed back to that tom later would the color change or would they all come out as bourbon red poults.

On porters, if you click the Punnet Square option you can continue with the offspring

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010-084242_Vivaldi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-084242_Vivaldi Browser.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 9
Breeding a bourbon tom to a blue/red bronze hen. Porters chart shows a HUGE potential of colors but also some would come out as a bourbon red. If I take these poults and breed back to that tom later would the color change or would they all come out as bourbon red poults.
If you are asking if breeding the ones that turn out to be Bourbon Red back to a Bourbon Red, yes they would make Bourbon Red offspring. Bourbon Reds are homozygous for their color genes which means that they breed true.

If you are asking if breeding the ones that turn out to be Bourbon Red back to a Bourbon Red, yes they would make Bourbon Red offspring. Bourbon Reds are homozygous for their color genes which means that they breed true.
Yep that's what I needed to know. Trying to build up my hens I kept some different colored ones from my last hatch but this hatch I'm noticing over half are bourbon poults.

Back
Top Bottom