What colors are these quail going to be?

devin0

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
Fogo Island, NL
These are my buttons I hatched out a couple of days ago. What colors would they be?

61014_img_3353.jpg

61014_img_3356.jpg

61014_img_3359.jpg

61014_img_3361.jpg

Photo number one: Red Breasted
Photo number two: looks silver
Photo number three: Red Breasted
Photo Number four: silver blue face maybe.

Na, we usually ask her. Most of us are trying to learn, too.

I was going to guess on #1 and # 3 and would have been way wrong, my guess would have been tux or that other one like tux. Right now I can;t think what its called. But you have to know I always quess tux or silver. Sometimes I am right, most of the time wrong. But I like quessing.

I still haven't figured out how they tell, when the babies don't look anything like what they will grow up to be. Experience, that has to be what it takes, and a lot of hatching.

Quote:
We tell because all the babies of a particular color have the same colorations as any other baby of that same color. Just like with coturnix, the babies don't look anything like the adults, but you still know what they are, correct?
smile.png

Yes, but I can't tell what you's are looking at when you see the silver looking ones. There are like 3 or 4 different colors that all look the same to me. Maybe I am a little color blind or something or maybe I just need to look at more babies to see the differences. So far, I can't see what the difference is. Once I figure it out, I know I'll wonder what my problem was, but until then its ??? I just need to look at more babies, I think. (Sounds like a good reason to me, to see more baby pictures).

Both of the silver babies look the same to me, the ones I can tell are either yellow with grey stripes or grey with yellow stripes, but I couldn't tell you which is what color. I believe the yellow with grey stripes is silver and the grey with yellow is silver redbreast, but like I said, I don't know. I'm not the greatest with button colors, and it doesn't help that you can look at a picture and have 5 different people tell you 5 different things
hmm.png

Yes, and if there are 5 more from 5 different countries, there are going to be another 5 different answers, that is where it really gets crazy.

Ah, Pied, Pied is the other color or lack of that I was trying to think of (bad headache tonight). The 1 & 3 I would have said Tux or Pied. To me it looks Pied, I am partial to Pied. Well. I just need to see more baby pictures with names put to them. Would be nice if when they get identified, the OP would go back and put their names with the pictures. (I mean all OP's not just you devino). I try to remember, but I bet I'm just as quilty. Tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom