What colour is my Brahma?

JenWillo

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
UK
Is anyone able to tell me what colour my Brahma boy will be when he’s grown up? Currently 7.5 weeks old.
D0F85596-ECF8-42ED-A9E0-9B4A4C83F1B8.jpeg

Probably a pure then. Maybe light x buff? Maybe partridge? The red wing feathers have me wondering.
Yeah, the wing feathers have me puzzled. Light brahma for sure, but maybe RIR in there too?
A YTber I watch had a surprise clutch of brahma eggs that he let the hen keep. She is a buff brahma, but there were light, buff and a RIR in with her. He kept one roo, which is one of the Dominant roo babies, so he has feathered feet and body shape like his mama (size too), but Daddy's coloring. This one should be equally striking looking!

Hi. He is definitely a pure Brahma. He’s hatched from eggs bought from a breeder that only does Brahma and he’s definitely the size of a pure Brahma. He’s as big as my buff Orpington’s already.

Hi. He is definitely a pure Brahma. He’s hatched from eggs bought from a breeder that only does Brahma and he’s definitely the size of a pure Brahma. He’s as big as my buff Orpington’s already.
Peanut, the cross I mentioned is already bigger than all the brahma hens and he is only 4 months old or so. But!

If your breeder is all Brahma, what colors is he breeding? I've seen light, dark and buff. Perhaps the red could be coming in from a dark brahma but his overall look closest to a light brahma. Very striking and should be an impressive boy. I have one cochin hen in my mixed flock and even she amazes me at how much larger she is than the other girls, even other "heavies".

Back
Top Bottom