What colour silkies are these?

Just a Whittle

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 10, 2010
What colour would these silkies be considered?

31244_10150205838255158_758395157_12756110_4510018_n.jpg

Yes they have 5 toes... or the ones I have inspected all do but one that has five on one foot and four on the other. They are actually just from a lady that has a bunch of silkies that she had go broody on her.... she pretty much gave them to me. (I gave her $20 for her son who helps raise the chickens... she gave me 11 of them)

I think they are gorgeous and I am just hoping to get some hens to be broody for me next year so that we can hatch our own chicks.

I am interested though as they look like splash and there are a few that have a bit of the blue/silver colour to them.

Oh and yeah they have a greenish black colour to the feet.... except the ones that are mostly black the feet look black too.

Last edited:
They look mixed. DO you know what color silkies she had? Are you sure theyre pure?

Id say blue/black and splash mixes. Maybe dark partridge. IDK yet, color changes as they get older

I am sure they are pure silkie... but no guarantee that they aren't mixed colours. They only have silkies but I don't know which colours they have and I think they probably are mixed colours and that is why I was asking would they be considered splash?

Oh well I think they are beautiful! Hopefully I get a few good broody hens out of the batch and it will be worth it!

Back
Top Bottom