What colour will my silkie chick be?

MandyMcG

Hatching
Apr 14, 2021
Hi im new to chickens in general and these 4 chick's where given to me with their parents. Both parents are splash silkies. out of the 4, one is a very light grey and is now developing dark feathers were their other siblings are white and starting to get their splash colours. How come their like not like their sibling? I'm excited to see hoe they turn out and I'm dying to know if they will be a different colour? 😊
Screenshot_20210414-210058_Gallery.jpg

Splash x Splash should always make splash chicks... are you positive both parents are splash? and that these chicks could have no other parents?
I'm unsure as I didnt catch them myself. I got them as a family of 6 and the said so parents are both splash but this little guy looks different 🤔 could he still turn out splash? Could a silkie chick look like this and turn out splash or is this showing that he will be a completely different colour?

I'm unsure as I didnt catch them myself. I got them as a family of 6 and the said so parents are both splash but this little guy looks different 🤔 could he still turn out splash? Could a silkie chick look like this and turn out splash or is this showing that he will be a completely different colour?
He looks blue, I've never seen a splash start out dark like that, just looks like a regular blue... I'm wondering if maybe he's got a different mom haha

He looks blue, I've never seen a splash start out dark like that, just looks like a regular blue... I'm wondering if maybe he's got a different mom haha
This is him now,safe to say he's not a splash 🤣 the guy i got them off only had two silkies and their the splash silkies I took along with the chicks 🤷🏻‍♀️ but regardless he's stunning 😍

Back
Top Bottom