What colours do you think i have?

pfcarquejo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
Hello,
This first Photo (Up left) is of my Belgium D’uccle Mille Fleurs couple when they where Chicks, the second (up right) as juveniles an the third (down left) as adults. The last Photo ( down right) is of their almost 3 weeks chicks (one of them as 10 days less).
I am very puzzled about their colours, as only one of them (the black one) is a ‘copy’ of it’s father! The other 5 ones don´t look a bit as the parents were!!! What do you think I might have there?
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee506/Paulo_Carquejo/Familia_zpsab5c889f.jpg

Hi,

I am no expert at all about the Mille Fleur colors, although I do love them! Last year I bought two chicks from someone selling them as Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins. The one that looked like your original hen chick ended up as gold with black on her tail, no white snow at all. The cockerel chick that was white with smaller amounts of black (like several of your chicks) ended up a beautiful white and black Columbian pattern. I think in my situation the breeding was probably not pure, plus they were bantam Cochins, so I just describe the chicks as an example.

Your chicks are beautiful but don't look much like the true Mille Fleur D'Uccle I got as a chick (he looked like your original hen chick). I will be really curious to see how your chicks turn out.

Hopefully someone else who knows more about this color pattern will be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom