What could my 16 month old Delaware Hen have??

I have read on a few websites that Wazine was safer to use for first time worming, then to follow up about with Valbazen 10 DAYS LATER. Then after 6 months you dont need to use Wazine first and can just use straight Valbazen dose.

Is this true or is Valbazen truly ok to use the first time? I just don't want to hurt them intentionally. Also, they don't drink a whole ton of water as it is, so who's to say the get enough Wazine in them the first time?

Also, some people say to dilute 1cc with 8cc of water and to give a standard hen 2cc's of that mixture. Now if the is very underweight, do I still want to give her 1.2cc or should it be more like 1.4cc?

Thank you :) Sorry for all the questions.. just nervous.

I have read on a few websites that Wazine was safer to use for first time worming, then to follow up about with Valbazen 10 DAYS LATER. Then after 6 months you dont need to use Wazine first and can just use straight Valbazen dose.

Is this true or is Valbazen truly ok to use the first time? I just don't want to hurt them intentionally. Also, they don't drink a whole ton of water as it is, so who's to say the get enough Wazine in them the first time?

Just use the valbazen, no need for wazine.

Also, some people say to dilute 1cc with 8cc of water and to give a standard hen 2cc's of that mixture. Now if the is very underweight, do I still want to give her 1.2cc or should it be more like 1.4cc?

Thank you :) Sorry for all the questions.. just nervous.

Forget mixing valbazen in water. Dosage is orally undiluted 1/2cc for standard size birds, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose again in 10 days.

Alright.. I just actually ordered the product and hopefully its gets her sooner than later. Stuff is pricey.. Heh. I will give them all the dewormer to be safe. I did just go out an check all the fresh droppings around the yard, I see no sign in any of them of worms, Could they still have them? If they don't have worms and I deworm will it hurt them?

Thanks AGAIN.. Hehee

Chickens can have worms without seeing them in feces. The only way to tell would be to take fecal samples to a vet and have them look under a microscope for worm eggs. BTW, the bottle of valbazen will last you a long time, it usually has a 2-3 year expiration date. You can share some with another chicken owner when it gets close to the expiration date if you still have some left.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom