What could possibly be different about them?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by obxWaMi, Oct 5, 2009.

1. obxWaMi

obxWaMi Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband, who will normally eat just about anything, has just announced that he can not eat eggs from our hens yet. We have only had them a few days and we've only got 7 eggs so far. This morning for breakfast I made scrambled eggs and he announced that he was just not ready to eat "homegrown eggs". This is our first experience with eggs from someplace other than the supermarket. The only difference I noticed was that the yolks were brighter and after they were scrambled the finished product was very yellow instead of pale yellow. I told him that they tasted the same as any other eggs I've eaten, but he stood fast.

I can't help but laugh at him. Has anyone else been hesitant to switch from supermarket eggs to homegrown?

cheers
    --Michelle

2. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I actually come across this rather frequently. I have a family member who will only eat store bought eggs. Also, I offer free eggs to friends and neighbors and I have a few folks who don't want them because they won't eat brown eggs or "home grown" eggs, only store eggs. Go figure! [​IMG]

3. djmooney

djmooney Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    not me i eat my hens eggs every day i think they taste better

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Most folks have never tasted a real "eggy" egg! They actually have lots of flavor which can be unexpected in folks who don't know the difference between anemic store bought eggs and fresh ones.

5. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    all the more for you.......wait until you put them in baked goods....oh my.

Anne

6. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I don't eat home grown eggs... I seldom eat eggs period. my hubby and one daughter eats them though

7. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I confess... [​IMG]... occasionally I cannot eat one.

If I am even slightly nauseated for any reason, those bright yellow yolks just turn me off.

In baked goods....no problem but straight up, sometimes makes me a bit [​IMG]

I also cant use any eggs from the girls that are slightly deformed, look funny, have a slight calcium build up on one side or any other imperfection... I just sell those... [​IMG]

I'm weird...I know... lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by