What could possibly be different about them?

obxWaMi

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
OBX, NC (Roanoke Island)
My husband, who will normally eat just about anything, has just announced that he can not eat eggs from our hens yet. We have only had them a few days and we've only got 7 eggs so far. This morning for breakfast I made scrambled eggs and he announced that he was just not ready to eat "homegrown eggs". This is our first experience with eggs from someplace other than the supermarket. The only difference I noticed was that the yolks were brighter and after they were scrambled the finished product was very yellow instead of pale yellow. I told him that they tasted the same as any other eggs I've eaten, but he stood fast.

I can't help but laugh at him. Has anyone else been hesitant to switch from supermarket eggs to homegrown?

cheers
--Michelle

I actually come across this rather frequently. I have a family member who will only eat store bought eggs. Also, I offer free eggs to friends and neighbors and I have a few folks who don't want them because they won't eat brown eggs or "home grown" eggs, only store eggs. Go figure!
idunno.gif

I confess...
hide.gif
... occasionally I cannot eat one.

If I am even slightly nauseated for any reason, those bright yellow yolks just turn me off.

In baked goods....no problem but straight up, sometimes makes me a bit
sickbyc.gif

I also cant use any eggs from the girls that are slightly deformed, look funny, have a slight calcium build up on one side or any other imperfection... I just sell those...
cool.png

I'm weird...I know... lol

Back
Top Bottom