What counts as day 1?

normal sized but whats odd is this has been 10 to11 hours of day 18 and no peeping i candled them before all five were lively. not bantam.
If they looked good when you candled them and your temp and humidity are good they should be just fine. Some people don’t here peeping until there’s an external pip or even at all. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think chicks peep until they make an internal pip which should be until somewhere between day 19-21. Right now on day 18-19 they are still moving into hatching position. Right now is the time to sit back and relax as hard as it is. All you have to do is keep an eye on your gauges.

Last edited:
so did they hatch .Please tell I am in same situation you can say i am at technically day 18 and no peeping
They did not hatch. I had some shipped Silkie eggs with horribly detached air cells and they did not make it... plus I recently realized my incubator was malfunctioning and having drastic and frequent temperature fluctuations! So they never really had a chance anyway.

Day 18 is too soon to hear peeping though I would think!

They did not hatch. I had some shipped Silkie eggs with horribly detached air cells and they did not make it... plus I recently realized my incubator was malfunctioning and having drastic and frequent temperature fluctuations! So they never really had a chance anyway.

Day 18 is too soon to hear peeping though I would think!
ok temp is good uncertain about humidity relying on God on that and thanks for your info

Back
Top Bottom